ICC2023 at Haulover Park with Carnival FUN Team
Join us for the world’s largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe! Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this annual event with 50+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Boucher Brothers, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, The Brady Hunter Foundation, Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, City of Miami Beach, The Miami Foundation, Loud And Live, and Miami-Dade County RER-DERM We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, a Seahorse. *Community Service hours also provided*
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a Coastal Park & Beach site, and you should wear appropriate footwear (water shoes or sneakers) that you are comfortable walking on sand in. No flipflops or sandals!
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, umbrella, and Mosquito Repellent are recommended.
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Recommend bringing trash pickers for easier pick up.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger, or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
Event Graphic or Flyer -
What Should Volunteers Bring? - Closed Toed Shoes, Sunscreen, Insect Repellent, Gloves, Hat & Sunglasses
What Will Be Provided? - Gloves, Garbage Bags
Meeting Spot Details - Picnic area by the rocky jetty/pier. Look for Navy Blue Tent.
Parking Info - Free parking in park near Jetty. Look for a navy-blue top tent in the picnic area near the parking lot.
Private Event - Yes