Matheson Hammock Park ICC 2023
Join us for the world’s largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe! Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this annual event with 50+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Boucher Brothers, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, The Brady Hunter Foundation, Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, City of Miami Beach, The Miami Foundation, Loud And Live, and Miami-Dade County RER-DERM We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, a Seahorse. *Community Service hours also provided* Registration is required to participate.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a mixed terrain site, volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers, no flipflops or sandals!)
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended.
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
What Should Volunteers Bring? - Closed Toed Shoes, Water in a Resuable Bottle, Sunscreen, Insect Repellent, Garbage Bags, Gloves, Hat & Sunglasses
What Will Be Provided? - Gloves, Garbage Bags, Water Refills
Meeting Spot Details - We will meet at the parking of atoll pool across from redfish grill restaurant
Parking Info - parking passes will be provided