Miami Waterkeeper ICC 2023 at Margaret Pace Park
Please join Miami Waterkeeper for the 2023 International Coastal Clean-up at Margaret Pace Park! Join us for the world’s largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe! Join us and help Miami Waterkeeper carry out our mission of ensuring Swimmable, Drinkable, Fishable Water for All! Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this annual event with 50+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Boucher Brothers, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, The Brady Hunter Foundation, Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, City of Miami Beach, The Miami Foundation, Loud And Live, and Miami-Dade County RER-DERM* We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, light snacks and water refills and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, a Seahorse. *Community Service hours also provided* Registration is required to participate. Important Volunteer Information:
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a park site but has mixed terrain (mangroves, rocky seawall), and you should wear closed toed shoes, and dress for being outdoors in the heat and sun!
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended.
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
What Should Volunteers Bring? - Closed Toed Shoes, Water in a Resuable Bottle, Sunscreen, Insect Repellent, Hat & Sunglasses
What Will Be Provided? - Gloves, Garbage Bags, Water Refills, Pickers
Parking Info - Metered street parking is available near the park or there are several parking garages near by.